How long does the treatment last?
Compared to shaving, sugaring, or waxing, laser hair removal is the most effective way to keep your skin hair-free. The laser treatment is far more effective in reducing unwanted hair for the long-term. Instead of just shortening the hairs or removing the follicles, laser hair removal destroys the root, ensuring the hair will not return.
As our bodies naturally produce new hair over time, maintenance sessions may be needed once or twice per year following the initial treatment package. Changes in hormones ultimately dictate hair growth, so pregnancy, gender changes, and other hormonal treatments can impact the results achieved from laser hair removal.
Why invest in Laser Hair Removal Treatments?
There are as many reasons to seek laser hair removal as there are patients who have chosen to pursue this treatment. In fact, one of these reasons may be why you are seeking laser hair removal in Seattle:
- It’s a Long-Term Investment. Laser hair removal can give you a smooth, hair-free bikini line or other area year-round without developing ingrown hairs, razor bumps, or waxing damage and irritation. You can say goodbye to the ongoing costs of razors, shaving creams, and anti-ingrown hair treatments.
- It’s Effective for Terminal Hair. Patients with undesirably thick arm hair, called terminal hair, may find that shaving is an ineffective solution, as the stubble from shaving may be dark and thick, leaving your arms looking and feeling rough. Laser hair removal reduces and eventually eliminates natural hair growth, leaving the arms smooth, clear, and touchable.
- It’s Versatile. Laser hair removal can be used to cover large or small areas, and is a great option for men who want to define the beard or reduce unwanted neck, chest, or back hair, for a smoother, more attractive look.
- It can help with Transgender transitions. For patients undergoing male-to-female transitions, laser hair removal can create a more feminine appeal, and the treatment is safe and effective, even on delicate facial skin. It can transform hairy areas to hair-free havens.
- It’s Hypoallergenic. Unlike hair removal creams, shaving gels, dyes, and even some kinds of wax, there is essentially no risk of allergic reaction. Lasers use simply concentrated light beams and contain no irritants. Each session takes under an hour, and once the initial session cycles are complete, only occasional touch-up sessions may be required to continue to keep the area smooth and free from unwanted hair.
We offer the best laser hair reduction treatments available in Seattle. Contact us at Seattle Plastic Surgery to learn how one of our licensed Master Estheticians can help you acquire smooth, glowing, hair-free skin.