Frequently Asked Questions
Will A Tummy Tuck Naturally Lift The Thighs?
Even extensive tummy tucks will usually not have much impact on the thighs. Sometimes tummy tucks will help the pubic area, but even this enhancement is minimal. To fully address the thighs, you usually need another procedure such as liposuction or a thigh lift.
How Do You Prepare For A Tummy Tuck & Thigh Lift?
Preparing for a tummy tuck with thigh lift is nearly as important as the recovery. It can impact how smoothly surgery and recovery go, while also promoting the best possible results. Exact pre-operative instructions may vary depending on your medical history and specific procedure. Some commonly provided pre-op instructions may include:
- Make arrangements for time off work, a caregiver, child care, etc.
- Cease use of certain medications if directed by Dr. Jonov
- Seek medical clearances if necessary
- Ensure you understand the procedure and have realistic results
- Clean your house and prepare easy food options for minimal activity during recovery
- Fill your prescriptions
- Obtain any necessary recovery gear if not provided by the office
- Do not smoke and stop several weeks before surgery
- Stop drinking alcohol a few days before surgery
- Do not eat or drink for at least eight hours before your procedure
What Is Recovery Like?
Recovery instructions for a tummy tuck with thigh lift may include:
- Walk slowly every few hours
- Remain bent at a 90-degree angle for at least one week
- Avoid getting the incisions wet
- Take prescribed medications
- Wear compression garments if necessary
- Attend all post-op appointments
- Minimize movement other than occasional walking
- Stay hydrated
- Eat a low sodium diet
- No strenuous exercise or activities until cleared by Dr. Jonov
- Call Dr. Jonov or the office immediately if you have concerns
Dr. Jonov will provide recovery directions personalized to you and your procedure. He may advise some patients to take arnica or to undergo ultrasound massages. Others may be advised to eat a high protein diet during the healing process.
How Can I Tell If I Need A Thigh Lift Or Thigh Liposuction?
The difference between the procedures are that a thigh lift focuses on removing skin while liposuction focuses on removing fat. It is common to perform both during a thigh lift as patients with copious amounts of extra skin often have a few stubborn pockets. However, if you only have a small amount of fat you want removed, are relatively young, and have good skin quality, then thigh liposuction may be the right procedure.
Dr. Jonov will discuss the differences in the procedures with you if you are unsure of which will best benefit you. He can determine and explain why one or both of the surgeries may provide you with the best results.
What Is The Cost Of A Tummy Tuck With Thigh Lift & Do You Have Financing Options?
The cost of a tummy tuck starts at $7,485 and a thigh lift starts at $8,995. Adding liposuction or more extensive procedures will likely incur additional costs. You will receive a customized price quote at your consultation. You can also use Price Simulator to get a combined price of all of the procedures you are interested in.
Seattle Plastic Surgery does work with outside financing companies including Care Credit. You can find more information and links to apply on our financing page. Seattle Plastic Surgery does not offer in-house financing.