Body Lift Seattle | Dr. Craig Jonov
Massive weight loss is an achievement that deserves to be enjoyed. Unfortunately, many patients are left with copious amounts of extra skin because it cannot retract enough to match the patient’s new body contours. This can disguise the true results of the weight loss which can be disheartening and cause patients to lose motivation. While no exercise or amount of dieting will address extra skin, there are possible solutions such as body lift surgery. Dr. Craig Jonov at Seattle Plastic Surgery performs the best body lift Seattle offers.
Understanding Seattle Body Lift Surgery
Body lift surgery—also called a belt lipectomy—is a plastic surgery procedure that removes excess skin from a circumferential area of the lower body. It is an extensive procedure often taking several hours to complete. The incision also wraps completely around the body which can be concerning for patients. However, for those suffering from large amounts of extra skin, a body lift can be life-changing.
The surgery is sometimes referred to as “post weight loss surgery” because these are the patients that most often seek a body lift. This does include patients who have undergone bariatric surgery.
Reasons Patients Seek A Body Lift
As mentioned, body lift patients have frequently undergone massive weight loss which left them with loose sagging skin. However, this is not the only reason patients may undergo a body lift. Some of the reasons patients may seek a body lift surgery include:
- Changes or damage done to the body after one or more pregnancies
- Aging patients who developed large amounts of extra skin
- Post-bariatric surgery and massive weight loss
- Genetic factors that may cause extra and/or loose skin on the body
Good candidates for a body lift will likely see several benefits of the procedure. Some of the possible benefits include:
- Tighter, firmer body contours
- Remove excess skin
- True results of weight loss become visible
- Tighter skin
- May remove stretch marks and other scars in the treatment areas
- Can be combined with liposuction to further improve results and remove small, stubborn fat deposits
- Make it easier to exercise and live an active lifestyle
- Fit into smaller-sized clothing
- Help improve self-confidence
- Can help reduce skin irritation and rashes from overlapping skin
- Hidden incisions
- Possible to perform the procedure in one surgical session for most patients
- Performed by a top Seattle plastic surgeon with years of experience in body contouring surgery
Every body lift surgery and patient is slightly different. Dr. Jonov takes the time to get to know each patient, their goals, and their medical history to customize the procedure for them.