Key Ingredients In Pumpkin Planing
Many ingredients in a dermaplaning fall facial make it essential for preparing for a temperature change. At Seattle Plastic Surgery, the providers know the proper balance of enzymes, acids, and toners to create deep hydration and clear skin. Some of these ingredients include:
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin enzymes mixed with alpha hydroxy acids exfoliate the skin, getting rid of the dry surface
- Salicylic Acid: This beta hydroxy acid calms the skin and provides a clear complexion
- Lactic Acid: Another alpha hydroxy acid that opens the pores to allow for easier exfoliation and helps correct hyperpigmentation
- Gluconic Acid: A poly hydroxy acid that that enriches hydration, soothes the skin, and adds clarity
- Glutathione: An antioxidant that protects the skin’s barrier and brightens the complexion
1. Dermaplaning, Seattle
Pumpkin planing facial patients in Seattle will be given a pre-cleanse, a second cleanse, and a smoothing toner before dermaplaning. The pre-cleanse will remove the surface debris left on the skin. The second cleanse eliminates the oil build-up that can come from the dryer weather. And the smoothing toner will prep the skin for the dermaplaning treatment.
Once these treatments have been administered, the master esthetician begins the dermaplaning treatment. Dermaplaning gently scrapes a thin layer of skin off the face, removing peach fuzz, dead skin, and any build-up. While dermaplaning is a significant benefit on its own, when combined with the pumpkin facial, it provides added nutrients and moisture to the skin, as it allows the treatments to reach deeper layers.
2. Pumpkin Nutrients & Hydration
After the dermalplaning is complete, the provider will apply a cleansing oil and detoxifier if the skin needs it. They will use a nutrient toner to prepare the skin for the pumpkin treatments to ensure the face is fully clean and dry. Then, they will lather the face with the pumpkin mask, sometimes using steam to open the pores further. An additional oat milk mask and nutrient toner will be applied afterward, as this provides additional hydration.
3. Enzyme Treatment
The enzyme treatment exfoliates the skin, leaving it with a silky, even texture. It is applied like a mask and gently massaged into the skin for three to five minutes. After the enzymes are fully massaged into the skin, another nutrient-rich toner is applied to clean and enrich the skin.
4. Correcting Serums
The final step in a Seattle pumpkin planing facial uses a series of revitalizing gels and serums to lock in hydration, fight signs of aging, even texture, and add a glow to the skin. The serums used include:
- Revitalizing Eye Gel: To promote bright, healthy under eyes
- Rejuvenating Serum: Fights signs of aging and protects the skin’s barrier with plant stem cells and growth factors
- Resurfacing Serum: Balances texture, evens the tone, and clarifies the skin
- Brightening Serum: Uses Vitamin B3 to provide a firm and bright complexion
- Clear Skin & Hydrator: Uses a serum with SPF 30 to apply additional hydration and protection