Researchers associated with the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) recently gathered information on 687 patients who had received Botox and/or dermal filler treatment.
Some of the most noteworthy findings are as follows:
– Most respondents described themselves as healthy individuals; 95 percent said they incorporated exercise into their lives, and 78 percent cited healthy eating habits.
- Nearly 70 percent of the respondents who had been treated with Botox also opted for dermal filler treatment.
- According to the survey data, the average patient is a married, working mother between 41-55 years of age with a household income of under $100,000.
- 66 percent of the respondents said they received Botox treatment 2-3 times per year.
- 72 percent of the respondents chose Botox to treat glabellar lines the vertical lines that appear between your eyebrows.
- 63 percent of the respondents chose dermal fillers to treat facial wrinkles and folds, mostly the nasolabial folds or “smile lines” that travel from the nose to each side of the mouth.
- 87 percent reported that they discussed their treatments with others, and 70 percent said they received support from the people they told.
Dr. Jonov is a cosmetic surgeon who specializes in plastic surgeries of the face, breast, and body at Seattle Plastic Surgery.