Robert M. Grenley, MD
Seattle plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Grenley knew early in life that he would be a physician. He loved to paint and sculpt because, as he says, "I've always loved working with my hands to make something beautiful." And, he has also been just as interested in the geometric and mathematical principles of balance, harmony and symmetry.
It was natural for cosmetic surgery to find himself career perfectly in tune with Dr. Grenley's talent and passions. I am very much a perfectionist, the doctor explains. "I try to leave nothing to chance. I am absolutely obsessive about every detail during surgery and equally dedicated to the post-operative care of my patients.
Dr. Grenley has been in private practice in Seattle since 1985. He specializes in cosmetic surgery of the face and body, including body contouring and cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast. He has a great deal of experience in breast augmentation, facial rejuvenation, liposuction and body lifts (especially in the massive-weight-loss patient), and breast surgery including the repair of deformities from previous surgeries.
Education and Background
- Dr. Grenley was born in Tacoma, Washington and attended Charles Wright Academy.
- He graduated cum laude from Yale University in 1976
- He received his M.D. degree from the University of Washington School of Medicine in 1980.
- His general surgical residency was performed at Virginia Mason Hospital in Seattle.
- His plastic surgery residency was completed at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Certifications and Memberships
- Dr. Grenley is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- He is an active Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- He is also an active member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), made up of board certified plastic surgeons who specialize in cosmetic surgery
- Dr. Grenley's other memberships include the Northwest Society of Plastic Surgery, the Washington Society of Plastic Surgery, the Washington State Medical Society, and the King County Medical Society.
- Dr. Grenley has medical staff privileges with Swedish Hospital.