Brazilian Butt Lift Questions and Answers
What’s the difference between a Brazilian Butt Lift and me getting butt implants?
Butt implants are an invasive procedure that requires considerable recovery time. For many patients, healing from a butt plant surgery can take up to a month. Just as the name implies, a butt implant surgery involves inserting a prosthesis into the buttocks, which are typically made of silicone. Although butt implants help to shape and enhance the buttocks, they may shift over time or with certain movements. Enormous amounts of sitting and activity may cause the implants to move around, causing a discomfort and a very unappealing look. There is also a risk that your body may reject the silicone, given that the material is a foreign object to the body.
A Brazilian Butt Lift also enhances the rear end just as butt implants do, but a BBL is essentially the transference of fat from one area of the body into the buttocks. Your own fat and tissue are used to plump up our backside. Dr. Jonov may harvest the fat from your thighs, back, flanks or even your abdomen. Then, that fat is purified, and prepared for insertion into your rear end. During your BBL, Dr. Jonov will inject the harvested fat into the muscle and fatty layers of your backside, until the desired volume is achieved. With the usage of your own tissues, there is no risk of rejection from your body.
What takes place during my BBL consultation with Dr. Jonov?
Your consultation with Dr. Jonov will lay the groundwork and “blueprint” for your Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. During this time, Dr. Jonov will discuss the procedure with you in detail, take photos and measurements of your buttocks, read your medical history, and discuss the best course of action for your BBL. You will also discuss the particulars of the buttocks you wish to achieve. Feel free to bring photos to your consultation, as well as realistic expectations and an open mind. All of your questions will be answered and all of your issues will be discussed.
What happens on the day of my BBL surgery?
On the day of your BBL surgery, you will have the opportunity to ask any additional questions you did not ask during the consultation. Dr. Jonov will once again go over the specifics of your surgery. The following will take place ensuring an efficient and successful Brazilian Butt Lift surgery:
- Anesthesia is given. Your anesthesia will be administered first, providing the comfort and relaxation you need for a successful procedure. Although general anesthesia can be used, local anesthesia can be utilized.
- Buttocks and harvest site are prepared for surgery. Next, Dr. Jonov will prepare the harvest site as well as the rear end for the BBL surgery. Both the rear end and the harvest site will be marked as well as disinfected, eliminating the chances of error and infection during surgery.
- The incisions begin. Dr. Jonov will begin the BBL procedure, making his clear and precise incisions at the harvest site and the buttocks. The incisions will be used for the extraction and insertion of your fat and tissues.
- Liposuction will take place. The liposuction process will be performed through small, inconspicuous incisions Dr. Jonov created. Next, a thin tube or a cannula, will be inserted through the incisions loosening and dislodging the fat from the harvest site. That loose fat will then be suctioned out of the body, purified and then prepared for insertion into the buttocks. Dr. Jonov may perform liposuction several times, until he has enough fat for your rear end. This fat will be evaluated, purified and prepared for insertion into the buttocks.
- Fat insertion will then take place. Once the fat has been successfully extracted, purified and prepared from the harvest sites, Dr. Jonov will begin placing that fat into your rear end. With the incisions previously made, Dr. Jonov will carefully and artfully begin to plump your behind, while evaluating its shape and balance.
- Closure of incisions will begin. After viewing the work, taking measurements, disinfecting areas and cleaning, Dr. Jonov will close all incisions and secure them with stitches or adhesives. You will then be placed into a room for immediate recovery, rest and healing.
What do I need to do after the surgery is over?
Once your surgery has been completed and you have awakened from your restful state, Dr. Jonov will examine you, bandage areas that need to be bandaged and you will be driven home by the individual you designated to assist you. Rest, relaxation, and stress-free days are now in your midst and it is imperative that you take full advantage of such.
When will I begin to see the results of my new buttocks?
Once home, you will be bandaged and require tremendous rest and relaxation. You should begin to see the results of your BBL within a few weeks. During your post-operative follow up appointment, we will remove all sutures and provide you with specific directives for effective healing. This may involve Dr. Jonov explaining how to sleep and walk in the aftermath of your BBL surgery.
How long do I have to stay off of my buttocks?
As healing times vary from patient to patient, the typical time for individuals to remain off of the buttocks after BBL surgery, is 8-10 weeks. Pressure on the posterior area can destroy the transferred fat. You may be asked not to sit for a week or two. Dr. Jonov will provide you with specific instructions for recovery.
How long will I be swollen and bruised from my Brazilian Butt Lift surgery?
Generally, swelling and bruising lasts for up to two weeks, post-op. You may be instructed to wear a compression garment to help. Regardless of what you are instructed to do, it is imperative that you follow all of Dr. Jonov’s instructions completely and precisely. For any problems or issues, contact our office immediately.
How long will the effects/results of my BBL last?
After your BBL surgery, you will have the round and full backside you once desired. Your waist may even look a bit smaller too! After your surgery, consider 2-3 weeks for swelling. Afterward, it may take 4-6 months for the final results. With proper care and examinations with Dr. Jonov, the results of your BBL will last for years to come. Depending upon various factors, your results can last a lifetime. Significant weight loss or gain may affect the results of your BBL. Additionally, there may come a time in which you decide to have another BBL surgery, or enhance another part of your body; Dr. Jonov will find it a privilege to continue working with you, helping you to achieve a body you can be proud of!